Top 20 Benefits Of Having Lemon Water In The Morning
Written by: Emilyn Gil
Benefits Of Drinking Lemon Water In The Morning
It’s not summer until there are kids on every corner waving their “50 cents” signs, the older kids back behind the table stacking coins, adding ice to the pitcher and triple checking the liquid level in each plastic cup. And all for what? Lemonade.
There’s a reason this drink has remained a classic throughout the years. It’s the most effective thirst-quencher, a great energy booster and provides necessary minerals, vitamins and other elements our bodies crave to function correctly. Without all the added sugar of course, lemonade (or lemon water) is the secret weapon of healthy drinks, even outside of the summer months.
20 Incredible Reasons To Start Your Day With Lemon Water!
- Lemon provides excellent hydration. Lemons contain potassium, calcium and magnesium, or in other words, electrolytes which help with hydration.
- Lemon helps with weight loss. The pectin fiber in lemons helps reduce appetite and suppress cravings.
- Lemon can help soothe joint pain. Lemon can dissolve uric acid, which helps to reduce pain and inflammation in the joints and muscles.
- Lemon relieves heartburn. Lemon water can neutralize the acidity in the body, which helps to relieve heartburn.
- The liver responds positively to lemon. Lemon water causes the liver to produce bile and enzymes, aiding with digestion.
- Lemon cleanses the liver. Lemon water triggers the liver to release toxins.
- Lemon aids the digestive system. The citric acid in lemons interacts with other enzymes and acids, which helps the digestion process. Lemon is also known to be used as a laxative.
- Lemon strengthens the immune system. As lemons contain vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant, lemon water can boost your immune system and keep your body safe from free radicals and sickness.
- Lemon cleanses the blood. The detoxing qualities of lemon water keep your blood, blood vessels and arteries clear.
- Lemon lowers blood pressure. Potassium, found in lemons, has a calming effect on the body, which can help lower blood pressure.
- Lemon balances pH. Lemon water can give you a higher level of pH, which can also help fight diseases.
- Lemon keeps the nervous system working properly. The nervous system runs on potassium, which is found in lemons. Lemons can also help with depression and anxiety as both can be a result of low levels of potassium in the blood.
- Lemon helps reduce stress. Vitamin C prevents a rapid increase of cortisol, which can decrease your physical and mental signs of stress.
- Lemon helps fight infections and inflammation. Lemon has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help respiratory infections, sore throats and tonsil inflammation.
- Lemon can help keep you regular. Drinking lemon water can regulate regular, natural bowel movement.
- Lemon helps dissolve kidney stones. Lemons contain citrate, which is known to inhibit and dissolve kidney stones.
- Lemon can clear the skin. The vitamin C in lemon can rejuvenate the skin and decrease wrinkles and blemishes.
- Lemon helps with tooth aches. Lemon can help soothe tooth pain and gum diseases like gingivitis. It can also freshen the breath.
- Lemon is beneficial for pregnant women. Vitamin C boosts the immune system, helping fight viruses during pregnancy. The vitamin C also helps repair and regenerate bone tissues, blood vessels and skin. It can also help in the baby’s formation of these things, as well as cells in the brain and nervous system.
- Lemon prevents cancer. Multiple studies have found that cancer cannot thrive in an alkaline environment. As lemons are a highly alkaline food, lemon water can help in this matter.
The Best Time And Way To Drink Lemon Water
Although the 50 cent plastic cup of sugary lemonade is great to support the kids, the best way to prepare lemon water is to squeeze half of a fresh lemon into 8 to 12 ounces of warm or room temperature water. Ice water or cold water will reduce the digestive benefits of the lemon and require your body to use more energy in the process. Boiling or hot water is also less efficient as it will reduce the enzymatic properties of lemon juice.
Using warm or room temperature water with your lemon is definitely the best way to go for receiving the most health benefits and full enzymatic and energetic properties of lemon water.
Lemon water goes great with pajamas and bed hair because the best time to drink it is first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. This will give you the maximum cleansing benefits. You can also drink lemon water 30 minutes before a meal to help in the digestive process and to get more energy and nutrients from the food you eat.
When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Lemon Water!
Doctors recommend it, kids make money from it and you can’t live without it! Your body, mind and heart will thank you, so pucker up and get ready to squeeze and drink a lemon a day!
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
Article source: Living Traditionally
Drew Canole is a rockstar in the world of fitness, nutrition and mindset, with a huge heart for others and doing his part to transform the world, one person at a time.
As the founder and CEO of Fitlife.TV, he is committed to sharing educational, inspirational and entertaining videos and articles about health, fitness, healing and longevity. He is also a best selling author and the founder of Organifi, an organic, incredibly delicious greens powder, chock-full of superfoods to make juicing easy no matter your busy schedule.
Latest posts by Drew Canole (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS