20 Incredible Things That Happen When You Add Lemon To Your Morning Routine
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
I value simplicity. I like to keep things nice and easy.
Therefore, when I hear of ONE item that has many uses… I pay attention.
LEMON is definitely one of those incredible items!
Lemons have so many different uses and benefits that it doesn’t take much to realize that lemons are a “must have” in your kitchen, diet and life.
An easy way to incorporate lemons into your daily routine is by adding fresh lemon juice to water. It’s a refreshing, hydrating and energizing way to start your day!
How Much Lemon Juice Should I Drink?
Follow these guidelines:
- If you weigh less than 150 pounds, squeeze the juice from ½ a lemon
- If you weigh more than 150 pounds, squeeze the juice from 1 whole lemon
- Mix the lemon juice with water to your desired taste
Because lemons can be harsh to the enamel on your teeth, make sure you always dilute the juice with water and then rinse your mouth out with pure water after you are finished drinking.
To get the MOST benefits of drinking lemon water, drink it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach so that your body can easily absorb all of the nutrients and vitamins.
Drink up and enjoy these 20 incredible benefits:
1. Cleanse – Lemon water helps clean up your system and flush out toxins.
2. Alkalize Yourself – Balance your pH level and help fight off diseases.
3. Prevent Cancer – Several studies have shown that cancer cannot survive in an alkaline environment. Since lemons alkalize your body, it is a great cancer preventative!
4. Ease Your Digestion – The citric acid in lemons stimulates the release of gastric juice, which will help your body break down food in your stomach.
5. Boost Your Electrolytes – Your body will receive a good dose of electrolytes in the form of potassium, magnesium and calcium.
6. Heal Your Joints – Lemon water lessens joint and muscle pain, because it reduces inflammation.
7. Relieve Heartburn – Mix 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice with a glass of water to ease the symptoms of heartburn.
8. Dissolve Deposits – If kidney stones, gallstones, or calcium deposits are a concern for you, lemon water can help minimize them.
9. Drop Pounds – Your hunger and cravings will be reduced as a result from the pectin fiber found in lemons.
10. Clean Your Liver – Lemon water encourages your liver to produce more enzymes, which will help release and flush out toxins
11. A Healthier Smile – Fight gingivitis and ease tooth pain.
12. Heart Health – The potassium content in lemons is good for not only your heart, but also your brain and nerve function!
13. Become More “Regular” – When it comes to going #2, lemon water can help you regulate your bowels. It ensure smooth bowel movements by preventing the problem of constipation or diarrhea.
14. Regulate Blood Pressure – Drink water everyday to reduce your blood pressure .
15. Be Happy – Reduce depression and anxiety symptoms with lemon water! It is potassium-rich, which will help you feel great. Low potassium levels have been associated with feelings of depression or anxiety.
16. Get Glowing Skin – The vitamin C content in lemons can revitalize your body, keep you hydrated and keep your skin nourished and healthy. It also helps prevent the formation of wrinkles and acne!
17. Protect Your Pregnancy – Vitamin C is an adaptogen, which helps your body combat viruses.
18. Decrease Gout Pain – Gout pain occurs when your body has a buildup of uric acid. Drinking lemon water dilutes uric acid, which will reduce pain.
19. Strengthen Your Immune System – Lemon is a powerful antioxidant, which can protect your from free radicals (diseases/viruses).
20. Calm Inflammation – Sore throats and respiratory infections cause inflammation in the body. Drinking lemon water has anti-inflammatory benefits.
Needless to say, drinking water with lemon everyday can and will only continually give your body cleansing and other awesome benefits. Therefore, when life gives you lemons… squeeze them into a glass of water to make a life-enhancing drink!
Share this article with 3 people that you want to help have INCREDIBLE health!
Source: David Wolfe, Food Matters
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS