2 Turmeric Anti-Inflammatory Drinks For Any Occasion
Written by: Joanne Beccarelli
You have probably heard about turmeric, the root that has been revered for outperforming many pharmaceuticals in helping to prevent some major chronic diseases.
Yet, aside from eating curry based foods where turmeric provides that bright yellow color and distinctive taste, very few people know how to incorporate it into their daily lives to continuously reap its bountiful anti-inflammatory qualities.
Here are recipes for 2 drinks, one cold and one hot. The refreshing Golden Colada is a tropical smoothie that’s good for breakfast, as a snack or a treat. You can enjoy the Golden Latte hot and frothy at any time as well, though I especially like it at night before bed or as a dessert treat at the end of a long day.
Each drink is paired with ingredients that enhance the absorption of the turmeric as well as provide additional well-being. Plus, they are just plain delicious together!
- Black Pepper – The addition of black pepper to any dish or drink with tumeric enhances the absorption and bioavailability of curcumin, which is the active ingredient that makes turmerics amazing benefits so special.
- Coconut Flakes – Coconut meat contains natural oils that help with the absorption of curcurmin in the body.
- Pineapple – The natural digestive enzyme in pineapple, bromelain, helps to break down foods and absorb additional nutrients.
- Maca – This superfood is considered an adaptogen, which helps the body manage stress and support hormone balance in women and men.
- Ginger – This root is known for its ability to soothe the stomach, reduce inflammation and boost immunity.
Give these recipes a try and let us know how you like them in the comments below! Do you know more ways you can include turmeric in your daily life? Feel free to share those below as well.
Author: Joanne Beccarelli
- 1 ½ cup pineapple or mango (cold or frozen if you want a frosty smoothie)
- 3 tablespoons, coconut flakes
- ½ cup coconut, almond or hemp milk (which does not contain carrageenan)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric or freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon hemp hearts
- 1 teaspoon maca root
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- dash, black pepper
- Combine ingredients in blender and process until smooth. Enjoy!
Author: Joanne Beccarelli
- 1 cup organic coconut, almond or hemp milk (that does not contain carrageenan)
- ¼ cup water (optional, if you want a thinner drink versus creamy)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder or freshly grated
- ¼ tsp ginger powder or freshly grated
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Dash of cardamom or 1 pod crushed
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash black pepper
- Dash of clove (optional)
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- Mix all ingredients together and 1) simmer in a pot for 1 minute, or 2) microwave for 1 minute. Enjoy!
Joanne Beccarelli is a holistic health coach, juicing junkie, writer, soon to be cookbook author and recovered emotional eater. Inspired by many great voices in the health-thru-food revolution, Joanne found her way out of hiding in shame (losing almost 100 lbs in the process) and stepped away from the corporate world. She now dedicates every day to helping others who are overwhelmed, overworked, and overstressed, find awareness, fulfilment and better health.
Joanne has a Certificate in Plant Based Nutrition from eCornell/T. Colin Campbell Foundation, and became a Certified Health Coach through the Institute of Integrative Nutrition. She is also a member of American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP), and the International Association of Health Coaches (IAHC).
Latest posts by Joanne Beccarelli (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS