The Apple Cider Vinegar Tonic That Quickly Destroys Cold and Flu Bugs
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
“Heartburn, nausea, indigestion, upset stomach, DIARRHEA!”
I would have never guessed that such unhappy and uncomfortable symptoms could blend together to create such a catchy jingle.
Did anyone else ever find amusement in that commercial as a kid?
I totally did.
However, what I don’t find amusing at ALL is experiencing symptoms of illness.
As a kid, you got a sick day from school, chicken noodle soup and extra time in front of the T.V.
But, when you are an ADULT that has to do real life things (such as going to work or taking care of your family), you just don’t have the space for illness!
Here are 2 tonics that help DESTROY colds and the flu:
1. Antibiotic Tonic
- 1 oz apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ small onion
- 1 piece horseradish (½ inch)
- 1 piece turmeric (1 inch or ½ tsp ground)
- 1 piece ginger (½ inch or ¼ tsp ground)
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Peel garlic and lemon.
- Put in your juicer: garlic, onion, turmeric, ginger, lemon and horseradish.
- Alternative: blend and strain the mixture.
- Add apple cider vinegar and cayenne pepper.
- Store in an airtight glass container.
Take 1 oz immediately when you feel symptoms, up to 3 times per day.
What is your “go-to” natural remedy when you are sick?
- 2 inches fresh ginger (peeled and diced)
- 1-2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Place cinnamon, ginger and water in a saucepan with lid.
- Cover pan and bring water to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer for 15 minutes with pan covered.
- Strain and pour into a mug.
- Add honey and lemon juice.
- Extra tonic can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator and reheated when needed (for up to 5 days).
As needed to help with symptoms
Comment below and SHARE your ideas to help others have a healthy cold and flu season.
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS