2 Ingredient Banana Coco-Cookies (Vegan & Energy Boosting)
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
“C is for cookie.
Cookie starts with C.
Let’s think of other things that start with C.”
Ahhhhh who cares about other things! Because… COOKIESSSSSSSS!
These 2 Ingredient Banana Coco-Cookies will please even the most fanatical cookie monster.
Take a few minutes today to whip up these deliciously simple and natural treats.
Benefits Of Banana Coco-Cookies
- Indulge your sweet tooth for minimal calories – a medium sized banana has about 110 calories!
- Naturally fat and cholesterol-free
- Has a high potassium content – great for your nerve and muscle function
- Contains a good amount of vitamin C
- Contains fiber, which helps you feel fuller longer and promotes healthy and regular bowel movements
- Increases your energy:
- Coconut is made up of medium chain triglycerides (MCTs)
- Quickly absorbed by your body
- Rapidly metabolized as fuel (but NOT stored as fat!)
- Speeds up your metabolism:
- When you eat MCTs your metabolic conversion becomes faster
- The calories in MCTs are effectively converted into fuel for your body to use immediately
- Boosts your immune system:
- Nearly 50% of the fatty acids are lauric acid
- Potent antimicrobial properties
- Useful for helping combat viral infections such as the flu, the common cold, fever blisters and cold sores
Easy peasy – right? You can dial up the health benefits of these cookies by adding in some of your favorite superfoods, such as:
How To Make Banana Coco-Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse together the 2 ingredients.
- Blend until well combined.
- Shape the “dough” into balls and gently flatten with your hand or a fork.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Rich in fiber
- Great source of omega-3 fats and protein
- Packed with vitamins and minerals
- Contains essential fatty acids
- Contains magnesium: vital mineral necessary for your overall health
- Regulates the nervous system
- Acts as a balancing mineral
- Assists with both relaxation and energy production
- Helps with digestion
- Regulates muscle and nervous system cells
- Rich in potassium:
- Assists with water regulation in your body
- Helps balance the body’s electrolytes
- Relaxes blood vessels, which reduces stress and tension
- Source of manganese:
- Essential to a healthy mood and metabolism
- Helps with the optimal nervous system function
- Assists with the assimilation of other nutrients
- Have a massive amount of nutrients: fiber, protein, magnesium, manganese, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin E and fat
- Loaded with antioxidants, which protect your cells from damage
- Assist with blood sugar control
- Reduce hunger, because the protein and fiber increase satiety
|Dark Chocolate (at least 72 % cacao)
- Made from the cacao tree and is one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet
- Loaded with minerals
- Improves blood flow and can lower blood pressure
- Raises HDL and protects LDL against oxidation
Go ahead… reach for that second (or third) cookie. With each bite full of so many great-for-your-body ingredients, you can enjoy every crumb of the cookie knowing that your are nourishing your body!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS