Let’s face it, you live in a world of toxic overload. Toxins are everywhere from the toxins in your food, the toxins in your beauty products, the toxins in the environment to even the toxins caused by stress. Toxic overload in your body can lead to inflammation, pain and disease, making regular cleansing and detoxing absolutely essential.
But why is detoxifying your liver so particularly important?
Your liver is your body’s largest gland. You only have one liver and without it, you literally cannot survive. You better take care of it.
What does your liver do?
Your liver is responsible for:
- Detoxifying your blood from harmful substances, like toxins, drugs, alcohol and more
- Storing vitamins and iron
- Converting stored sugar to usable sugar when your sugar levels fall below normal
- Producing bile to digest fat
- Breaking down hemoglobin, insulin and other hormones
- Destroying old red blood cells
Your liver performs a wide range of vital functions. Being so busy and constantly stressed cleansing and supporting your body, it is also very prone to disease, especially in a world of toxic overload.
To help your liver to work at an optimal level, you have to take care of it and consume foods that help in detoxifying and supporting it every day.
Detox Your Liver With These 19 Super Foods
- Beets And Carrots: Beets and carrots are powerful root vegetables high in plant-flavonoids and beta-carotene and are known for their ability to stimulate and improve your liver function.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are great sources of glutathione, a protein that works as a potent liver detoxifier.
- Grapefruit: Grapefruit is another food rich in glutathione that works wonders for liver detox. It is also rich in vitamin C, which can help your body to produce liver detoxifying enzymes to boost your natural cleansing process.
- Spinach: Spinach is not only a powerful green, giving you Popeye-strength, but it is also high in glutathione that aids the toxin cleansing enzymes of your liver.
- Citrus Fruits: Citrus fruits like lemons and limes are fantastic for overall body cleansing, but thanks to their vitamin C content, they also stimulate your liver and speed up your detox process.
- Cabbage: Glucosinolates in cabbage lead to the production of isothiocyanates (ITCs) that provides detoxifying enzymes to get rid of toxins in your liver.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a potent inflammation reducing herb that can boost your liver detox and overall cleansing journey.
- Walnuts: Walnuts support your body’s normal liver cleansing actions, thanks to glutathione, omega-3 fatty acids and amino acid arginine.
- Avocados: Avocados are highly nutritious and help the production glutathione, which is necessary for liver cleansing.
- Apples: Apples are abundant in pectin, which is absolutely essential for liver detox and general body cleansing.
- Brussels Sprouts: Brussels sprouts are rich in sulfur and the antioxidant glucosinolate, which are both necessary to release toxins from your liver.
- Garlic: Thanks to all the sulfur, garlic has the ability to activate liver enzymes that help your body flush out toxins. It is also rich in allicin and selenium, two natural compounds that help liver cleansing.
- Dandelion: Dandelion root tea is delicious and helps your liver to break down fast and release toxins.
- Leafy Green Vegetables: Not only spinach, but all green veggies are great for liver detox. They are rich in chlorophyll that can absorb toxins in your body and lower the burden on the liver.
- Cruciferous Vegetables: Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower can increase production of enzymes and glucosinolate that help liver detox.
- Asparagus: Asparagus is a fantastic diuretic that can help the cleansing of your liver and kidneys.
- Green Tea: Green tea is full of plant antioxidants known as catechins that help liver function.
- Olive Oil: Cold-pressed organic oils such as olive, hemp and flax-seed also support your liver like champs.
- Alternative Grains: GF grains and pseudograins like quinoa, millet and buckwheat will be more gentle on your liver than their gluten-rich counterparts.
What else can I do without a specific liver detox protocol?
Doing a big liver detox protocol once or a few times a year is not enough though. It is essential to take care of your health through healthy diet and lifestyle to lower the toxin overload in your liver and body in general.
By eating a mostly plant-based diet full of greens, vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, whole grains and beans, you can enhance your body’s ability to stay healthy and naturally cleanse itself every day.
A boost of green juice is the best way to meet your nutrient needs and give your body a huge dose of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and nutrients every day.
Using Organifi Green Juice, you can ensure that you meet your green juice and nutrient needs even without a juicer or on a busy day. You can mix it with water, or add it to your green juices, smoothies, shakes, dips, dressings and other recipes. Organifi Green Juice can help detoxify your body, hydrate and revitalize your cells, boost your immune system, balance your hormones, reduce stress and up your mental clarity. Try it today, you won’t be disappointed.
Try this liver cleansing juice
I don’t want to leave you hanging without a specific action step though. I challenge you to make this delicious liver cleansing juice today.
Liver Cleansing Super Juice
Instructions: Juice all ingredients except for Organifi. Once your juice is ready, mix in a scoop of Organifi Green Juice Powder and enjoy your juice.
How do you ensure liver health every day? How did you like this liver cleansing juice? Do you have any liver cleansing recipes? Share them in the comments below. We would love to hear your tips and stories. Remember, we’re in this together.
Disclaimer: The techniques, strategies, and suggestions expressed here are intended to be used for educational purposes only. The author, Drew Canole, and the associated www.fitlife.tv are not rendering medical advice, nor to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, condition, illness, or injury. It is imperative that before beginning any nutrition or exercise program you receive full medical clearance from a licensed physician. Drew Canole and Fitlife.tv claim no responsibility to any person or entity for any liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly as a result of the use, application, or interpretation of the material presented here.