18 Powerful Quotes To Inspire YOUR Healing Journey
Written by: Kat Gal
I remember that miserably feeling of being in deep pain – both physically and emotionally.
I remember how desperately I wanted to get better. I was ready and I set out on my healing journey. Little did I know that this journey wasn’t easy.
I had to face my deepest fears. I had to face my pain. I had to question all my thoughts, emotions and actions. I had to surrender to my pain and be truly willing to change in order to heal.
The more I was able to understand, the more I was able to accept it. The more I was able to accept my current state of pain, the more I was able to release this pain and to be open for something new. The more I stopped trying to control everything – but instead welcomed the unexpected and became willing to try the unknown – the better I started to feel.
Though my chronic pain is of the past, I have realized that healing is a lifelong journey.
There is always something you find underneath your layers as you dig deeper and life always throws some new challenges and roadblocks. It is crucial to embrace this journey, to embrace it is as it is with all it’s craziness. Sometimes it will feel amazing, other times it may feel messy or super low. It is all part of the process…
When feeling in doubt or hitting low points, turning to some of my ‘teachers’ for some inspirations always helps to remind me that all pain has its reasons and is there to help me learn, grow and transform into a better person.
Here are 18 quotes to inspire you on your own healing journey:
- “The cure for pain is in the pain.” ~Rumi
- “Your pain is an opportunity for you to learn about yourself.” ~Gary Zukav
- “The wound is the place where the Light enters you.” ~Rumi
- “Eventually you will come to understand that love heals everything and love is all there is.” ~Gary Zukav
- “I actually think sadness and darkness can be very beautiful and healing.” ~ Duncan Sheik
- “We cannot selectively numb emotions. When we numb the painful emotions, we also numb the positive emotions.” ~Brené Brown
- “Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.” ~Kahlil Gibran
- “Dance, when you’re broken open. Dance, if you’ve torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you’re perfectly free.” ~Rumi
- “You look at where you’re going and where you are and it never makes sense, but then you look back at where you’ve been and a pattern seems to emerge.” ~Robert M. Pirsig
- “Until you heal the wounds of your past, you are going to bleed. You can bandage the bleeding with food, with alcohol, with drugs, with work, with cigarettes, with sex; but eventually, it will all ooze through and stain your life. You must find the strength to open the wounds, stick your hands inside, pull out the core of the pain that is holding you in your past, the memories and make peace with them.” ~Iyanla Vanzant
- “We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.” ~Kenji Miyazawa
- “Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books that are now written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer.” ~Rainer Maria Rilke
- “We do not heal the past by dwelling there; we heal the past by living fully in the present.” ~Marianne Williamson
- “The fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.” ~Paulo Coelho
- “You are not broken. You are not a problem to be solved. Solving your ‘problem,’ whatever you perceive your problem or problems to be, is not the key to happiness.” ~Golda Poretsky
- “Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.” ~J.K. Rowling
- “There is no coming to consciousness without pain.” ~Carl Jung
- “Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know.” ~Pema Chodron
What are your favorite quotes that inspire you on your journey? Share them in the comment section below. We would love to get inspired by you.
Kat Gál is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person. She is a lifelong learner who lives outside of her comfort zones stretching her boundaries and discovering beauty around the world. She is a Certified Holistic Health and Life Coach who encourages others to embrace their unique authentic selves, follow their heart and find their own version of freedom in life.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS