18 Beautiful Quotes From Rumi That Will Shift Your Perception About Life
By Joanne Beccarelli
Sometimes, a quote is all that’s needed to make a shift. When an insightful quote resonates with you and changes your attitude, your perspective and your life, then it is definitely worth keeping.
Rumi is a particular master of words whose quotes have inspired people for centuries. If you have never heard of Rumi, get ready to be awakened!
Rumi was a 13th century Persian poet, theologian, scholar and Sufi mystic. He is considered to have been an evolutionary thinker. Even today, his words provide insights and messages that are revered across national boundaries and ethical divisions.
While many quoted philosophers tend to resonate with one theme, Rumi hits so many aspects of life, that it is impossible to limit his words under a single subject. For you, a quote might resonate with gratitude, encouragement or balance, while someone else will receive a totally different message. That is part of what makes Rumi’s writings so personal, poignant and perpetual.
These 18 quotes are among my favorites, because they stir emotions and enable me to not only think about the messages they offer, but also to visualize and really feel them.
- “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.”
- “Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
- “Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.”
- “There is a voice that doesn’t use words. Listen.”
- “The quieter you become the more you are able to hear.”
- “What you seek, is seeking you.”
- “Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.”
- “Open your hands if you want to be held.”
- “This is a subtle truth. Whatever you love you are.”
- “Your heart and my heart are very, very old friends.”
- “When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.”
- “Do not feel lonely, the entire universe is inside you.”
- “Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.”
- “Life is a balance between holding on and letting go.”
- “Let the beauty we love be what we do.”
- “Wherever you stand be the soul of that place.”
- “Be with those who help your being.”
- “As you start to walk out on the way, the way appears.”
For the quotes that stand out to you, be sure to keep them; write them down or stick them on your wall or mirror. Use them as inspiration or words of empowerment and encouragement everyday. Share them with others.
Do you have any other favorite quotes, by Rumi or someone else? Feel free to share them with us in the comments below!
Joanne Beccarelli is a holistic health coach, juicing junkie, writer, soon to be cookbook author and recovered emotional eater. Inspired by many great voices in the health-thru-food revolution, Joanne found her way out of hiding in shame (losing almost 100 lbs in the process) and stepped away from the corporate world. She now dedicates every day to helping others who are overwhelmed, overworked, and overstressed, find awareness, fulfilment and better health.
Joanne has a Certificate in Plant Based Nutrition from eCornell/T. Colin Campbell Foundation, and became a Certified Health Coach through the Institute of Integrative Nutrition. She is also a member of American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP), and the International Association of Health Coaches (IAHC).
Latest posts by Joanne Beccarelli (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS