16 Science-Backed Benefits of Bananas (From magnesium to better blood sugar control)
By Tyler Linn
There’s more to bananas than just their great taste and bright color. Bananas are packed with nutrients and health benefits and are a great snack for a healthy life! Yes, they have a little-above-normal carbohydrate level, but below, I am giving you a few reasons why you should ignore that and make them a part of your healthy diet.
1. Bananas are naturally fat and cholesterol-free.
2. They aid digestion.
3. They give you a pre-workout energy boost, followed by a steady release of complex carbs that keep you going.
4. They act as a post-workout muscle replenishment due to their large amount of potassium.
5. Bananas make your bones strong.
6. They provide you with magnesium, which boosts your mood and leaves you feeling happy.
7. They’re healthier and cheaper than any sports drink.
8. Bananas control your blood sugar and keep your hunger at bay.
9. With so many nutrients that are good for your heart, it’s not a surprise bananas prevent heart disease.
10. They satisfy your sweet tooth, without throwing you off track.
11. Bananas strengthen your immune system due to high vitamin C.
12. Prevent muscle cramps during workouts and nighttime leg cramps.
13. If you’re looking to lose weight, bananas reduce swelling and aid in weight loss.
14. Eating a banana before an exam is said to make you smarter and more alert.
15. If you’re pregnant, eating bananas reduces nausea from morning sickness.
16. By eating bananas, other nutrients you include in your diet are absorbed much more effectively and put to good use.
With all these benefits and more, why wouldn’t you include bananas in your diet?
Know of any other banana benefits or have any awesome recipes that include this awesome fruit? Feel free to share with us in the comments below!
Originally from Sacramento, CA, Tyler Linn moved down to San Diego in 2006 to attend college at San Diego State University. Tyler enjoys spending time with his girlfriend, surfing, hiking, meeting new people and traveling all over the world.
Latest posts by Tyler Inn (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS