14 Simple Ways to Use Lemons Each Day
Written by: Burnette Nguyen
Lemons have so many health benefits. Since lemons are so versatile and inexpensive, it’s easy to incorporate them into your daily wellness routine and here’s how!
1. A glass of lemon water is a great way to detox and wake up your body first thing in the morning. Not only does it help rev up your metabolism, but it aids in detoxification and healthy digestion.
If you’re feeling a little bloated or puffy, lemon also acts as a diuretic. Plus, it is a great way to liven up your water and stay hydrated if you’re not a big water drinker. You can even make spa water by adding slices of lemon to a pitcher of water and storing it in your fridge. Whenever you need a break, drink a glass and visualize yourself getting a spa treatment. Add basil, mint or cucumber to really indulge!
2. You can create a DIY skin brightener by taking 1 part lemon juice and 1 part filtered water. Apply on dark spots to lighten skin. (Beware of sores on skin, it can sting. Also, avoid direct sunlight if using lemon on the skin as it can make you more prone to burns.)
3. Make homemade whitening toothpaste by combining: juice of half a lemon, ½ cup of coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of stevia (adjust to taste).
4. You can create natural highlights in your hair by combing lemon juice through your hair before you go outside. The sun will help the lemon lighten your strands. Rinse the lemon juice with water after a few hours.
5. Dissolve your stubborn blackheads by taking a cotton ball dipped in diluted lemon juice and applying the mixture to your affected areas.
6. Make a skin exfoliant recipe (including chapped lips!) by mixing 1 teaspoon of each: raw honey, lemon juice and baking soda.
7. If you experience dandruff or have damaged hair, a great scalp treatment is: juice from 1 lemon and ½ cup of olive oil. Comb the mixture through your hair and let it sit for 20 minutes. Afterwards, wash your hair like normal to remove the mixture from your strands.
8. You can make a natural household cleaner using: juice from 1 lemon, ½ cup of water, 2 tablespoons of vinegar, and 1½ cups of baking soda.
9. Give yourself a manicure by taking 3-5 drops of lemon essential oil and mixing it with 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil. Massage the oil around your cuticles to get healthy, strong nails.
10. When you are feeling under the weather, an immunity boosting tea consisting of: lemon juice from half a lemon, ½ tablespoon of raw honey, teaspoon of grated ginger and 1 cup of warm water can stave off an oncoming cold or flu.
11. The citric acid in lemons helps with toothaches. Apply a slice of lemon directly on the affected tooth to relieve the pain until you can see your dentist.
12. Drinking some lemon juice with warm water after a meal can aid with digestion and remedy constipation.
13. The scent of lemon can help relieve fatigue and depression. Slice open a fresh lemon, or open a bottle of lemon essential oil and breathe in deeply for an instant surge in energy!
14. Aromatherapy using lemon essential oil helps get your lymphatic system flowing, which can possibly inhibit certain cancers. Put some essential oil in a diffuser and enjoy the scent as it fills up the room. If you don’t have a diffuser, you can put some lemon essential oil in your hands, rub them together and take a few deep breaths.
Try some of these tips out and let me know what you think! You’ll be the MacGyver of lemons with these tricks under your belt, taking your health to the next level.
Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Certified Foot Zonologist
at Burnette Nguyen
Burnette Nguyen is a Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and a Certified Foot Zonologist. She was able to overcome a chronic kidney disease through holistic medicine and is now helping others to live a life of wellness too.For more info about Burnette, visit her website.
Latest posts by Burnette Nguyen (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS