14 Signs That Your Soul Is Tired And Dying
Life feels overwhelming. You are stressed and tired. Perhaps your soul is suffering?
Your soul needs freedom, happiness, love and creative expression. If you are ignoring its needs and simply living to survive, it can feel like your soul is dying. Perhaps it is.
Signs Your Soul May Be Dying
- Nothing makes you happy or excited anymore. There are things you used to enjoy. Hobbies, music, movies, books, and fun social events. You don’t feel joy or passion for anything anymore and would rather stay at home doing nothing
- You don’t remember the last time you laughed yourself silly. True laughter is a sign of joy. It happens when you are being in the moment. Not experiencing a genuine laugh may be a sign of stress, tiredness and lack of balance.
- Your old self seems like a stranger. You have memories of being happy, vibrant and fun. You can’t even imagine feeling that way anymore.
- You feel lonely all the time. Even when you are surrounded by people, even if they are your friends and family, you feel lonely and disconnected.
- You see no purpose in keeping yourself motivated. Goals, dreams and inspiration are from the past. You can’t see a reason why you should do anything anymore.
- When you say yes, you want to say no. You want to please people. You have obligations. So you say yes. Deep inside, you want to reject all demands and requests.
- You keep giving, but receiving nothing in return. You feel like you are just giving and giving to others, but no one cares about you. You find it difficult to ask for help.
- You lie to yourself. You tell yourself it’s all fine and you should be thankful. In reality, you are miserable.
- You spend your day doing something you hate. Perhaps you hate your job or school work. You may not find any joy in your hobbies, family, or friends either.
- You lack boundaries. People take advantage of you for not having boundaries.
- Some people drain you. There are some people in your life that suck your energy and drain you.
- You feel physically exhausted and weak. Your body is giving out. You are tired. Exercise feels overwhelming. Perhaps you have physical aches.
- You make an unhealthy choice. You sleep too little, eat unhealthy food, exercise little and choose activities you dislike.
- You are stuck in a web of fear. Your mind is full of negative self-talk. Fears and limiting beliefs are holding you back and bringing you down.
If you recognized yourself, know that you don’t have to feel this way. Reach out for help. Asking a friend, family member, or community member can be the first step. A therapist, counselor, or life coach can really help you get out of the rut and discover your lust for life again. Join sister circles, support groups, loving communities, or even online groups. Spend time in nature. Do something little each day. Step by step, you will feel passion and happiness again.
Have you ever felt this way? How did you regain your passion and awaken your soul? Share your experiences with us, we would love to hear from you.
And remember, we’re in this together.
Kat Gál is a professional holistic health writer who helps health, wellness and nutrition businesses to market their products and services through quality online content. Kat is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person.Reach out if you are looking for amazing blog content at firstname.lastname@example.org or katgalwriter.com. Check out my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/katgalwriter. and nobsfreelancer.com for freelance writing tips.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS