14 Amazing Psychology Facts Everyone Needs To Know
By Kat Gal
What comes to mind when you think about psychology? Freud? A patient lying on a couch crying and blaming mom? Pavlov’s dog?
Psychology is so much more than Freud, therapy sessions and salivating dogs. Psychology is still relatively new – it only became an independent scientific field in the 1870s. Since then, it has made amazing advances, yet still has only scratched the surface of how the mind works. Yet, psychology is still fascinating.
Check out these fascinating psychology facts that will blow your mind:
1. Your favorite song is related to an emotional event – my favorites are related to special events with my love and travels.
2. Music impacts your perspective – so listen to positive and upbeat music for happiness.
3. The more money you spend on experience versus stuff, the happier you will be – this is why I travel, run and attend concerts.
4. The more money you spend on others, the happier you are – this is why you love gift shopping.
5. Kids are more stressed, depressed and anxious today than the average psych ward patient in the 1950’s… this is scary.
6. Money does buy happiness, but only up to 75K a year. Life can improve with money, but people earning 6 figures don’t seem to be happier than those earning 75K.
7. Being with happy people make you happier – the ripple effect of happiness.
8. Certain religious practices, like meditation and prayer, lower stress – but you don’t have to be religious to meditate or to express gratitude.
9. 18 to 33 year olds are the most stressed in the world – so don’t be afraid of getting older, life gets easier.
10. When you remember a past event, you remember the last time your remembered it rather than the event itself. Oh, now I get how our memory changes overtime.
11. If you convince yourself you’ve slept well, you may actually trick your brain into believing it. Still, sleeping well is better than faking it.
12. Smart people often underestimate themselves while ignorant people think they are brilliant… something to ponder.
13. Your decisions are more rational when thought in another language – this is interesting for a bi-lingual like myself.
14. If you announce your goals, you are less likely to succeed. Make goals, keep them quiet, achieve them and smile.
Reading through these facts, what do you think? Which one of these can you relate to? Share below your personal experiences or if you have any other fun psychological facts.
Kat Gál is a professional holistic health writer who helps health, wellness and nutrition businesses to market their products and services through quality online content. She is also a Certified Holistic Health & Life Coach. Kat is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person. She is a lifelong learner who lives outside of her comfort zones stretching her boundaries and discovering beauty around the world. Reach out if you are looking for amazing blog content at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS