11 Top Tips For A Safe and Healthy Detox
Are you ready to shift your weight? Are you fed up with having dull, uneven, blotchy skin? Are you sick of feeling tired, bloated and overall blah?
Well, I’ve got good news… I want to help you feel fabulous right NOW!
January marks a time for new beginnings. For some that means setting goals, adopting healthier habits and for many, it’s time for a much needed detox after indulging throughout the holiday season. No doubt you’ve heard of detoxing, but what is it exactly?
Detoxing helps rid the body of unhealthy toxins and substances. When you’ve gotten rid of all that junk, you’re left feeling lighter, brighter and brand new. Detoxing gives your body the boost it needs to improve your immunity, refresh your skin and say good-bye to the bloat. To achieve maximum results, I recommend a full 30 days to help you see and feel all of the amazing benefits, some of which include:
- increased energy levels and an overall sense of well-being
- weight-loss and de-bloating
- a radiant and a clear complexion
- absorption and assimilation of nutrients from your food
- a strengthened immune system
- better mental focus and clarity
- improved liver function
- better sleep
- improved and balanced mood
Things to avoid:
Sugar, dairy, alcohol, processed foods, coffee, cigarettes, red meat, gluten, wheat, soy milk, cookies, chips, fried foods, pastries and biscuits.
Foods and beverages to include:
Plenty of hydrating water, whole grains, organic green smoothies, fresh-pressed organic green juices, wild-caught fish, raw/unsalted nuts and seeds, legumes, leafy greens, sweet vegetables, healthy fats (coconut products and avocado are great!), homemade vegetable-based soups, some lean quality-protein (chicken, turkey).
- Start the day with hot lemon and water.
- Swap your usual simple-carb-loaded breakfast for a tasty superfood smoothie.
- Stick to 5-6 small meals a day to keep your metabolism working.
- Have a daily green juice.
- Snack on raw veggies – taste the rainbow.
- Sip on herbal teas for extra hydration (ginger and peppermint are great for digestion; dandelion root is great for detox and liver support; chamomile is great for relaxation).
- Take epsom salt baths (1 cup salts, 1 cup baking soda, 10 drops essential oils – optional).
- Increase your physical activity to help you sweat out more toxins, aiming for 20-20 minutes minimum each day.
- Aim for 7-9 hours of sleep each night.
- Pamper yourself (massage, pedicure, reflexology, acupuncture…).
Green Goddess Juice
- 1 Handful of Kale
- 1 Handful of Spinach
- 1 Handful of Watercress
- ½ Cucumber
- 2 Celery Stalks
- 1 Handful of Parsley
- 1 Apple
- 1 Tbs of Spirulina or Organifi Green Drink Powder
- Depending on your machine if its a blender add water to dilute the ingredients. Otherwise juice according to directions. Enjoy!
- 1 handful blueberries
- 1 handful blackberries
- 1 handful raspberries
- 1 Tbs. acai powder
- 1 Tbs. gogi berries
- 1 cup aloe vera juice
Detoxing not only changes your physical body, it also changes your mind, mood and attitude to leave you feeling energized and ready to ROCK your best life!
Registered Nutritionist and Integrative Nutrition Health Coach
Ashley Warwa is a Registered Nutritionist, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and the soon to be author of Feed Yourself Fabulous. She is also the founder of Four Months to Fabulosity, a one-on-one nutrition program designed to help women achieve their ultimate health, wellness and beauty.In this program, Ashley’s clients receive a personally tailored diet, complete with manageable steps to help them lose weight, look great and reclaim their health. She specializes in detox, digestion, weight-loss and wellness.
Latest posts by Ashley Warwa (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS