10 Ways To Find Zen In The Chaos Of Everyday Life
Written by: Kavata Kithome
If you are the average person, your life is running at full speed from the time you wake up until the time you go to sleep. You are probably on autopilot as you navigate through your day and often times don’t even think to slow down.
Now, imagine for a second that your day is a movie and through the rush and bustle of the day, you can simply press pause, slow down and even freeze the frame right where it is.
Learning how to do this is finding Zen amid the chaos of everyday life. This is an essential skill to learn in order to have a healthy and happy life.
Here are 10 quick and easy ways to find stillness at anytime any day:
1. Turn Your Gaze Inward: Anytime you need to, simply close your eyes, stop and close the blinds. By doing this, you are able to look into the beautiful darkness of you and from there, you are one step closer to finding Zen.
2. Count To 10: I am sure you remember your mom telling you to do this when you were a child. It was a way to slow the mind down just enough to evaluate a situation. When faced with a stressful moment, stop and count to 10. To make it more impactful, take deep breaths as you count to really slow down.
3. Take Deep Breaths With A Mantra: Find moments in your day to breathe and notice the moment. To deepen the experience, use a mantra. I find that the mantra “so-hum” really helps calm my spirit. Try it – as you inhale, silently say “so” and as you exhale, the sound “hum.”
4. Find Laughter And Fun: Do something silly and laugh. There is a reason why it is said that laughter is medicine. Remember, happiness is the place where Zen lives. Do something fun that will make you laugh and provide overall happiness. The more laughter you have in your life, the happier you can be.
5. Get Active: If applicable, take a walk or ride your bike instead of driving. Remove yourself from the stress of traffic. Get some fresh air and stimulate your heart. Create an opportunity for deep, fresh breaths.
6. Rise Early: This is the best time for you to get some “you time.” The morning hours are the quietest and freshest times of the day. It is a great opportunity to meditate, journal, set your goals and even workout.
7. Meditate For 5 Minutes: A few minutes of meditation can be life changing. Set aside five minutes a day to do a mediation session. To ensure that you keep time without an alarm, use beads to count your breaths and stay focused.
8. Remember To Be In The “NOW”: Life has a tendency to move so fast and between meetings and responsibilities, it is so easy to lose sight of the moment. Put up a daily reminder to help you stop and notice “NOW.” A beautiful photo, a song, or even a quote can work wonders to help remind you to savor the present moment.
9. Let Go: Practicing the art of letting go allows you to be present and wide open to the moment at hand and to life in general.
10. Choose Zen And Peace: Remember that all thoughts become things. Every thought has an intention. Set a clear and positive intention to find peace and Zen in your everyday life. Just think it, say it and then do it. Before you know it, you will have found it.
Kavata Kithome is an advocate for living your best life, full of health and longevity. While working closely with gym owners and personal trainers, she was able to sculpt a well-rounded view of fitness and understands how to incorporate it with a healthy balanced diet. She is a regular contributor to the One More Step Lifestyle brand.
Latest posts by Kavata Kithome (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS