10 Signs You Need To Detox
By Steve Fillmore
Are you feeling tired, lethargic, irritable or dealing with irregular bowel movements, bad breath and unusual body odor? Your body is telling you something very important…
It’s toxic and it’s time for a detox.
Your body is an amazing miracle of creation that works in perfection when it is taken care of properly.
With the modern day diet and general lifestyle in civilized countries such as the USA, we don’t take care of our bodies as well as we should. Fast foods and processed foods are wreaking havoc on our health.
What does detoxing do for your body? Basically, detoxing brings your body back to “factory settings” and gives your body a chance to repair it’s important systems such as the digestive, respiratory and circulatory systems.
Here are 10 signs that it’s time to detox and start feeling vibrant again:
1. It’s All About The Poop – Skipping bowel movements can be a sign that your body’s waste management system may not be working properly. Your body may be dehydrated and backed up. It’s time to increase your water and fiber intake to get things moving. Aim for ½ your body weight in ounces of pure water each day.
If you’re still feeling sluggish, adding a magnesium supplement before bed may be helpful. Start with 400 mg and increase as needed until you reach daily BM’s. *It’s estimated that 80% of the population is unknowingly deficient in magnesium.
2. No Drugs – Drugs are made in laboratories and are toxic, being that they are chemical-based. And these chemicals can build up over time in your body, especially in fat tissue.
3. Digestive Issues, Bloating And Gas – Having constant digestive issues, gas and bloating is your body’s way of saying that there are harmful gut bacteria expelling harmful toxins. This can be due to an acidic environment in the gut. Work to rebalance your pH to an alkaline state by drinking more lemon water and cleaning up your diet (see #4).
4. Fast foods And Processed Foods – If your food doesn’t have mold on it within a week, don’t eat it. Fast foods and processed foods are loaded with artificial ingredients, sweeteners and colorings that are toxic chemicals. Fresh organic foods are best. Plus processed “crap” really isn’t food at all and created an acidic internal environment, the perfect home for disease and illness to thrive.
5. Smoking – Cigarette smoke contains hundreds of toxic carcinogenic (cancer causing) chemicals known to cause many health issues. According to the CDC, there are over 7000 carcinogenic chemicals. Just don’t smoke and stay away from secondhand smoke. This also includes recreational drug use as well.
6. Alcohol Consumption – Having a glass of red wine in moderation is okay. Having excessive amounts of alcohol on the other hand increases the toxic load in your body and stresses out the liver.
7. Acne, Eczema, Rashes – Are you having skin issues? Your skin is your largest organ. It’s the first line of defense against environmental toxins and pollutants. Protect it by practicing good hygiene, proper sun protection and good nutrition. Stay away from applying chemical-laden body lotions & make-up.
8. Digital Detox – We’re becoming adrenaline and cortisol junkies. Our modern technology has made us to be constantly “on.” This increases stress and creates more cortisol in the body. Set up a specific time everyday to turn everything electronic off and completely disconnect. Reconnect with yourself and your family. Have an actual conversation versus emailing or texting.
9. Drinking Tap Water And Sodas – Unfiltered city water has harmful chemicals such as chlorine and fluoride. According to a Harvard study, fluoride reduces IQ in children. Be smart. Drink clean and pure water. If you can, alkaline water is a great option.
10. Feeling Sleepy And Fatigued – Are you feeling tired and not wanting to do anything productive? These are signs that your body has low energy and a slow metabolism. Slow metabolism means that your body is having a difficult time eliminating toxins and waste. It takes an enormous amount of energy for your body’s cells to eliminate waste. Be sure to get 8 hours of sleep, eat balanced nutritious meals and get some exercise.
Are you feeling it’s time to detox? Here are a few simple tips to get you started:
1. Turn Off Your Cell Phone – It’s been shown that when your cell phone is off, you’ll enjoy better sleep. Better sleep equals a well rested and fully functioning body.
2. Eat Whole Grains, Legumes, Nuts And Green Veggies – Nuts and seeds are a great choice for quality protein. Whole grains and veggies offer good roughage for proper elimination.
3. Exercise And Sweat It Out – Proper exercise and movement helps move out additional toxins through the lymphatic system. Sweating it out in a sauna after a workout is a great way to get rid of additional toxins.
4. Drink lemon water – First thing in the morning, grab a big glass of water and add a lemon. The lemon is beneficial for alkalizing and stimulating the digestive system.
5. Fasting – Doing a 24-48 hour fast is a great way to allow your digestive system to rest, recover and repair itself. Plus it boosts the immune system.
Living in a toxic world is inevitable, yet we have control over our health and how we take care of our bodies.
Take the necessary steps to detox your body and live vibrantly.
Steve Fillmore is a 2-time cancer THRIVER! His motto in life is: Love, Laugh, Live - Love yourself first; Laugh through all the crazy times; Live for life right now! Through proper diet, exercise and mindfulness, Steve has been able to recreate his body to work with and for him.
For fun, you can find Steve either teaching a Zumba class, or creating websites for clients.
Latest posts by Steve Fillmore (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS