10 Signs You Are A Health Junkie
Written by: Kat Gal
If you are here, you are likely passionate about health, nutrition and wellness.
What triggered your curiosity in health and wellness?
Years ago, I was very sick. For years I was dealing with non-stop chronic headaches, fibro-pain and chronic hip pain. Add life-time depression and a history of abuse to the mix and you’ve got a disaster. I was desperate and hopeless as I lost faith in modern medicine without finding any answers or help from it. At one point, I accidently stumbled upon a health documentary which brought me new hope.
After that, I immersed myself in whole foods nutrition, natural healing modalities, the mind-body-soul connection, self-love and self-improvement. I healed. I created health and happiness in my life. Now I know anything is possible.
Your story may be different. Perhaps you wanted to lose weight. Maybe a family member’s death or illness lead you on a search. Or you may even be one of those who grew up in a health-conscious family. Whatever your story, you are here for the same reason as all of us: you have an interest and passion for health, healing and wellness.
Here are 10 signs that you are a wellness warrior, health junkie and nutrition nut.
1. You go through a lot of lemons. I mean, a LOT. You start your days with warm lemon water, you add lemon to your green juices, smoothies and salads, you use lemon toner on your face, you add lemon to your homemade cleaning product – let’s face it, you just love lemons.
2. You have a morning routine. You know that starting your day well is important to create happiness and balance for the rest of the day. So you have a bullet-proof, personalized and non-negotiable morning routine that likely involves at least some of the following: gratitude, setting intentions, meditation, journaling, stretching or yoga, warm lemon water, green juice.
3. You could eat your beauty products. Some you do eat. You rub lemon on your face in the morning. You use oats, avocados, coconut oil, honey and apples cider vinegar as face masks, toners, lotion and sun protection.
4. You set intentions. Of course, you set goals as well – goal setting and visualizing steps are important to reach your dreams. But setting intentions are always first for providing a base, a feeling and a direction. Your intentions are in front of you every day on your vision board. Your board allows you to manifest them. Yep, you are a big believer in manifestation.
5. You are crazy about mason jars. You drink from mason jars. You store bulk items, like flours, grains, nuts and seeds in them too. You even store your pasta sauces, pizza sauces, jams, sauerkraut and pretty much everything else homemade in mason jars.
6. You don’t use plastic. Besides storing everything in mason jars, you always carry your own grocery bag to the store. “Paper or plastic?” “Neither, thank you, I brought my own bag,” you respond.
7. You cannot look at processed food without thinking about inflammation. You don’t even have to check the ingredient list, you pretty much know when a product is full of processed sugars, processed fats, gluten, artificial ingredients, unnatural preservatives and everything acidic – basically, you know when you have a non-food, disease-threatening product in your hand. You head to the produce aisle. You try to shop for local, organic and mainly plant-based foods as they are better for your health, the environment and the economy.
8. You drink green drinks. Others may look at you like you’ve came from the moon, but you know that green juices and green smoothies are super delicious. Not only are they yummy, but they are filled with nutrients, vitamins and minerals. When you don’t have time to juice or make a smoothie, you mix some chlorophyll or superfood green powder with water to ensure you get your greens in.
9. You take probiotics religiously. You know how important gut health is. Everything starts in the gut. A healthy gut is the base of a healthy body and a healthy mind. Probiotics are healthy bacteria that help you to balance your gut flora. You take probiotics every day and eat probiotic-rich foods, like fermented vegetables, kombucha and coconut kefir.
10. You are crazy about everything health-related. You are subscribed to many health, nutrition and healing blogs, websites and newsletters. You listen to health-related podcasts, periscopes and youtube videos. You may even write blogs or have your own youtube channel. We can often find you at the health and nutrition section of your local bookstore.
Did you feel like any of these describes you? If so, awesome! It’s truly amazing to see how far your passions can take you when you give them the chance to soar.
Have any thoughts or insights from the life of a health junkie? Feel free to share in the comments below, we love to hear from you!
Kat Gál is a professional holistic health writer who helps health, wellness and nutrition businesses to market their products and services through quality online content. She is also a Certified Holistic Health & Life Coach. Kat is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person. She is a lifelong learner who lives outside of her comfort zones stretching her boundaries and discovering beauty around the world. Reach out if you are looking for amazing blog content at email@example.com.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS