10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Mulberries
By Paula Scimone
Mulberries are a fruit berry featuring a tart and sweet flavor that brings taste buds to life!
They grow in a variety of warm areas around the world. The berries were originally gathered from the silkworm tree belonging to the Moraceae family and have only grown in popularity since.
And for good reason!
Mulberries are filled with health benefits and phytonutrients that are important to your body, along with vitamins iron, riboflavin, vitamin C and K, potassium, phosphorous and calcium.
Let’s dig into 10 of the most amazing health benefits you will experience with this delicious, juicy fruit berry.
1. Cancer Prevention: Mulberries are packed with antioxidant potential. They contain anthocyanins, which fight cancer, diabetes, inflammation and bacterial infections.
2. Diminish Arthritic Pain: Mulberries contain anti-inflammatory antioxidants. By reducing inflammation, symptoms of arthritis are greatly reduced and sometimes are even alleviated completely.
3. Reduces Risk Of Stroke: The berries have resveratrol, which protects against stroke.
4. Helps Combat High Cholesterol: Mulberries are low in cholesterol, saturated fat and sodium. They help the body with the metabolism of fats and carbs.
5. Builds Up The Immune System: This juicy fruit contains alkaloids that activate macrophages. Macrophages are white blood cells that stimulate the immune system, putting it on high-active alert against health threats.
6. Digestive Health: Most fruits and veggies contain dietary fiber, mulberries included. Approximately 10% of your daily requirements can be found in a single serving. Dietary fiber helps bind up your stool, which speeds up the digestion process and lowers frequency of constipation, bloating and cramping.
7. Eye Health: Protect those baby blues! Mulberries have a high content of vitamin A, which strengthens your eyesight and relieves eye strain – ideal for people who spend hours on the computer. It also protects eyes from free radicals, which are the cause of eye sight loss and retinal degeneration.
8. Metabolism Booster: With a ton of nutrients, mulberries can help break down fats, carbs and proteins (nutrients such as vitamin K, B6, folic acid, niacin and riboflavin).
9. Enhances Blood Circulation: Mulberries contain high levels of iron, which is unusual in fruit. This can noticeably boost the production of red blood cells. This boosts oxygen to important organs and tissues.
10. Helps Control Blood Pressure And Heart Rate: Mulberries tote a good amount of minerals like potassium, manganese and magnesium. Potassium in particular is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps with controlling heart rate and blood pressure.
You can add mulberries to your diet very easily – eat them plain as a “dessert” after any meal, add them to yogurt, smoothies and salads, both fruit and green. Dried mulberries also fit well in muffins, breads, salads and as a snack.
Do you already use mulberries in your diet? Let us know how in the comments below!
Viral blog – http://www.1mhealthtips.com/10-amazing-health-benefits-of-mulberries/
Latest posts by Paula Scimone (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS