1 Easy Trick To Enhance Your Detox And Weight Loss Every Single Day
Written by: Lilla Bessenyei
At this point, you’ve likely read (or at least heard about) all of the numerous health benefits of Turmeric. Something that you may not know though, is that this powerful herb can help you lose weight by increasing your liver function, thermogenesis rates and the absorption of other antioxidants. It’s also been shown to reduce cholesterol, blood sugar levels and the angiogenesis of fat tissue.
Angiogenesis is defined as: new blood vessel growth (the word “angio” means blood vessel and “genesis” means creation). In healthy conditions, this is very important for healing, reproduction and the formation of new tissues (for example, it is necessary for repairing your wounds, as well as the development of the placenta during pregnancy).
Your blood carries the oxygen and nutrients to every organ in your body via blood vessels so when a new tissue is forming, it is crucial to have a sufficient blood supply to grow and sustain. Unfortunately, this process isn’t able to decipher who the bad guys are and can help both cancer (or any unhealthy cells) and healthy cells to survive. When you suppress the angiogenesis of fat tissue, you inhibit its growth.
You can use supplements to get your daily dose of turmeric, but whole food always win in my book; I personally prefer to avoid the pill form of supplementation. While it can be an easy and quick solution, there are often unwanted ingredients included, such as lubricants, glidants, binders, disintegrants and coloring agents. While these things are often deemed “safe”, further research has shown that for some, they can cause adverse reactions in the body. Know what you’re consuming before you pop your next pill and if you are supplementing, be sure to find quality, reputable brands to use (google is a great tool for research).
The other options are to juice raw turmeric, or use more turmeric powder in your meals. Both of which are great ways to reap the many benefits.
Benefits of Turmeric
- Turmeric’s active ingredient is curcumin, which has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects
- It can increase your memory and the growth of new neurons in your brain
- Studies have shown that it may help to reduce the risk of heart disease
- Curcumin may be beneficial in cancer-prevention
- Turmeric can alleviate the symptoms of depression
- It has anti-aging properties
- Stimulates the body’s own antioxidant enzymes
- Increases your liver function
- Promotes healthy skin
- It can help to maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- Reduces weight gain
- Boosts your immune system
- Eases rheumatoid arthritis and joint pain
A simple way to increase your turmeric intake each day is with a little trick I like to use: Turmeric Water! Not only is it really easy to make, but it’s delicious too!
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 cup of water
- A very small pinch black pepper
- Put 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder to 1 cup of water and add a very small pinch of black pepper; stir it well
- Drink it in the morning, before or after every meal, or anytime you feel like a little boost.
Caution: Turmeric can interact with other medications and herbs so be sure to consult with your physician before using it in higher doses.
Lilla Bessenyei is a pharmacist and writer. It has been through her own experience that she realized that health and happiness start with what you put in your body and mind - including your thoughts. She is an avid researchers and has learned a lot about health and medicine. In her studies, she found that cultivating healthy emotions were just as important (if not more so) as a healthy diet. She is a fitness junkie, enjoys the numerous benefits of a vegan diet and enjoys helping people discover true health and happiness.
Latest posts by Lilla Bessenyei, Pharm.D. (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS